We Care About Your Future
Mark P. Hunting has been licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan since 1997. His practice is limited solely to litigation matters with a focus on criminal defense and general civil litigation. Mark has been successfully litigating matters, including high level felony and multi-million dollar civil matters, in all West Michigan courts for over 15 years. Mark has obtained favorable results for clients thru diligent investigation preparation, motion practice and trial. Mark also handles many court appointments from the 17th Circuit Court and the 62nd and 63rd District Courts. Mark has successfully handled hundreds of criminal and civil matters since 1997.
Mark graduated from Colgate University in 1990 with a dual B.A. in History and Asian Studies - Cum Laude. Mark received his J.D. from the University of Michigan in 1994 and is licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and Colorado.
Mark lives with his wife and two daughters and enjoys golf, fly-fishing, skiing and watching his daughters play soccer.
Case Results Include:
- A not guilty jury verdict in a Negligent Homicide trial in Lake County, Michigan
- Numerous not guilty verdicts in various West Michigan courts on misdemeanor matters including drunk driving, possession of marijuana and domestic violence, among others.
- A $2,000,000.00 judgment on behalf of a client in September, 2012 in the Ottawa County Circuit Court.
- A directed verdict in a collection matter on behalf of a West Michigan hospital.
- Numerous motion practice victories in the civil arena.
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. - 1994
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
- B.A. - 1990
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Honors in Asian Studies
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: History
- Major: Asian Studies
- Criminal Defense 50%
- General Civil Litigation 50%
- Gift Cards Soon May Be Good for a Minimum of Five Years, January, 2008
- 0.08: The Standard for Drunken Driving in Michigan, October, 2006
- Michigan, 1997
- Colorado, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1997
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Michigan, 1997
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1999
- Junior Achievement of Grand Rapids, Volunteer
- Hillman Advocacy Program
- 17th Circuit Court Appointment Roll, 2011 to 2013
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Chi
- Michigan Bar Association, Member, 1997 to 2013
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- The Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Association West Michigan Chapter, Board of Directors
- Miller Johnson, Member, 1999 to 2010
- Sawyer Law Offices, PC, Associate, 1997 to 1999
Current Employment Position